Friday, April 8, 2011

ky's hair journey

so, i got my hair done yesterday and while the lady was washing my hair (obviously the best part)it made me realize how many different hair styles i have rocked over the years. it made me laugh and also, wonder what the hell i was thinking with some of them.


BLACK & YELLOW, BLACK & YELLOW, BLACK & YELLOW:
okay, really? this was a long stage of my life and seriously, what the hell was i thinking? it makes me wonder why my parents let me color my hair like this for so long. don't get me wrong, this look was "in" for a short period of time. but, of course, i repped it for hmm.. circa 8th grade to junior year of high school.


BLONDEISH/BROWN:
this look was the first time i decided to ditch the black underneath. it wasn't toooo crazy blonde, but got rid of the dark. this was pretty much only senior year.


BLONDE, BLONDE, BLONDE:
summer after senior year to november of freshman year of college. every girl at U of A sported the platnium blonde hair. this is when i first started getting my hair done in tucson by a guy by the name of gian carlo. hilarious, gay, italian man. being this blonde just made me another fish in the sea of a thousand other girls.


SHORT BLONDIE:
after a girl in my sorority took the plunge of chopping her hair, it gave me some inspiration. i made my friend, lacey, come to Gadabouts with me to make sure i didn't chicken out. Gian Carlo put my hair in a pony tail... and just snipped it off. my jaw (as well as lacey's) dropped. i had had long hair from the day i could remember. this was a huge step for me. everyone started calling me and my best friend, kortnie, twins.


PIXIE?:
this one was a gem. note to self: never tell a man from italy he can do whatever he wants with your hair cut!!! this hair dou was a disaster. i got my hair done right before i was going home to be in one of my friend's weddings. it was some asymmetical/half almost buzzed on one side hair cut. i couldn't put it in a pony tail to work out. luckily, my hair grew somewhat fast over the summer when i was home. DISASTER.


BLONDE MEDIUM:
these two are the aftermath of the pixie cut. i made him even it out and then hoped for a miracle. it grew out and i never went to him again.


BROWNIE:
i decided it was time for a change (but not a length change, obviously), so i colored it dark and fell inlove with it. this color is actually lighter than my natural color apparently.


DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIE(is what i think supps would call it):
yesterday i decided to go darker. nicole, my new hair stylist, said this is closer to my natural hair color. it's hard to believe since i have basically been blonde my whole life! i love this look the best. people tell me it looks "natural". haha which is a good change from all of the other ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment